Thursday, January 27, 2011

Little Heart

I heard somewhere, that your heart is the size of your closed fist. And i always wondered how tiny the heart of a little new born baby would be. So small. So tender. And oh how hard the little thing must beat when the child cries out for the first time while clutching your finger tightly in its teeny ones.

A collegue gave birth to twins. Not a bosom friend. But I was excited about twins. They sound so awesome. Especially twin girls. All the fun twin-sister stories that I read as a kid came to my mind.

One of the little premature babies' heart gave up today. Its strange how you have not even seen the babies. You are not even close to the mother. But still in your heart there is this heavy weight. A deep sorrow. A choked throat. At the tiniest fingers that are not clutching your finger and the little teeny heart thats not beating any more.

Forgive, O Lord, my little jokes on Thee, and I'll forgive Thy great big joke on me. - Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment